wisconsin-sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wisconsin-sports

A forum for venting, chatting, discussing wisconsin sports and whatever else is on your mind

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Draft Scenario(s)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Number of posts : 5567

Draft Scenario(s) Empty
PostSubject: Draft Scenario(s)   Draft Scenario(s) EmptyApril 22nd 2020, 16:24

1) What would be the cost to move into the top 20? Based on most draft cost assignments the required points would be swapping ones and kicking in a 3 and a 4 to do it while getting back a 6th where they already have 6 picks. It just doesn't make sense to me. What do you think?

2) Murray, Queen, are gone and any WR they have valued at that spot are also gone, but Love is there, do you take Love? Draft an OT you do not have at the value of the spot? Trade out? Sit there and take someone you do not have valued at the spot? I trade out, if I can find someone with an early 2nd pick and their third plus a 7.

3) Queen and Murray are gone by 24, but there is one WR you want, do you look to trade up to get him? Miami at 26? That's a minimal cost of a 4th and you have ammo in the 6th to move back into 4 if you want.

4) Love is there along with another prospect at LB, WR and OT are also there, do you take Love anyway? I don't, but he is being buzzed heavily to either the Saints at 24 or the Packers at 30.

5) The draft is fluid as we all know and Gutey thus far has shown he has an itchy trigger finger (this is intended as a compliment) how much draft capital do you feel you want to give up to move up for a guy that has marginally different draft grades rather than stay at 30 and draft what comes to you?

These are the things that are on my mind today 26;5 hours before the draft.
Back to top Go down
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

Number of posts : 1917

Draft Scenario(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Scenario(s)   Draft Scenario(s) EmptyApril 22nd 2020, 20:37

1) What would be the cost to move into the top 20? Based on most draft cost assignments the required points would be swapping ones and kicking in a 3 and a 4 to do it while getting back a 6th where they already have 6 picks. It just doesn't make sense to me. What do you think?
I would be guessing a swap of each #1's, a 3rd, and 4th. The only talent I would want them to trade up for would be an ILB or DT. WR would be absolutely foolish based on the depth of receivers. Packers have been good at finding OL in the 2nd thru 4th rounds.

2) Murray, Queen, are gone and any WR they have valued at that spot are also gone, but Love is there, do you take Love? Draft an OT you do not have at the value of the spot? Trade out? Sit there and take someone you do not have valued at the spot? I trade out, if I can find someone with an early 2nd pick and their third plus a 7.

Great question and one where Gutey would earn his pay as a GM. My options would be: 1. try to trade down 2. BPA 3. Draft Love

3) Queen and Murray are gone by 24, but there is one WR you want, do you look to trade up to get him? Miami at 26? That's a minimal cost of a 4th and you have ammo in the 6th to move back into 4 if you want.

Again, I would not want to trade up for a WR when the receiver pool is deep plus giving up a 4th. My tradeup would be for an OL, DL, or CB if there is a huge dropoff in a position. I'm not a Bear fan but I had a lot of respect for Jim Finks as a GM when he worked for the Vikings and the Bears. He always believed in strong lines on both sides of the ball and work your way out; therefore, my love for linemen (OL and DL) and LB.

4) Love is there along with another prospect at LB, WR and OT are also there, do you take Love anyway? I don't, but he is being buzzed heavily to either the Saints at 24 or the Packers at 30.

Rank in order: ILB, OT, Love, WR. If Murray was available, I would be racing the card to the podium. Oh that's right, we're virtual!!

5) The draft is fluid as we all know and Gutey thus far has shown he has an itchy trigger finger (this is intended as a compliment) how much draft capital do you feel you want to give up to move up for a guy that has marginally different draft grades rather than stay at 30 and draft what comes to you?

How badly does Gutey want this player? ILB like Murray, yes! DT that slides down, yes! Strong CB, yes. OT, probably. Anyone else, nyet, nyet, Soviet! My negative bias (Professor John Evans are you present??) towards WR is due to the depth of WR pool, there are no true stud WR's in this pool, and he better be the fastest human being for me to trade up for a WR.

So how much is a package of three 6th round picks and two 7th round picks worth.....about a mid 5th round pick!!! Throw in the 5th round pick as well and we could have a low round 4th pick!!
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Draft Scenario(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Scenario(s)   Draft Scenario(s) EmptyApril 23rd 2020, 09:14

Ed, I love your answers. It is going to be a very interesting night and three days. I am setting up a skype call tonight if you are interested in joining hit me with you Skype ID on FB and I will add you to the group.
Back to top Go down
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

Draft Scenario(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Scenario(s)   Draft Scenario(s) EmptyApril 23rd 2020, 12:01

Why So Serious? wrote:
Ed, I love your answers.  It is going to be a very interesting night and three days.  I am setting up a skype call tonight if you are interested in joining hit me with you Skype ID on FB and I will add you to the group.

We have a strange mix down here in AZ. Just in this house alone, we have the smart one (me), a Bear fan, and a Lion fan. If the knucklehead down the street joins us, a Viking fan that would cover the NFC North! lol I'll be putting in my two cents, following on WSF and our FB group. I'd be too tech challenged to join on Skype!! lol pensive
Back to top Go down
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

Draft Scenario(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Scenario(s)   Draft Scenario(s) EmptyApril 23rd 2020, 12:10

I am definitely in the same camp as you are regarding an ILB. The middle of our defense is an empty hole. For years, Urlacher has covered the middle of the field which forced teams to work the side of the field and not the middle. We need a guy to cover sideline to sideline plus have the speed and size to cover big TE's. I've seen enough of AJ Hawk and Martinez being dragged over the next field stripe for a first down! An ILB is probably the only position I would trade up for if I was Gutey. I think Mostert just ran for another 20 yard TD up the middle -- Gutey an ILB please!!!
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Draft Scenario(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Scenario(s)   Draft Scenario(s) EmptyApril 23rd 2020, 15:54

UGH!!!! I thought I was over that. I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

Draft Scenario(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Scenario(s)   Draft Scenario(s) EmptyApril 23rd 2020, 18:21

Why So Serious? wrote:
UGH!!!!  I thought I was over that.  I was wrong.

Sorry my friend! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Draft Scenario(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft Scenario(s)   Draft Scenario(s) Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft Scenario(s)
Page 1 of 1