wisconsin-sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wisconsin-sports

A forum for venting, chatting, discussing wisconsin sports and whatever else is on your mind

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

Number of posts : 1917

PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? Empty
PostSubject: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyNovember 18th 2013, 09:03

I figured this title would be enough to bring out some commentary on this Forum, so here it goes.  As of today's date, the Green and Gold are sporting a 5-5 record fresh off a 3 game losing streak that coincides with ARod out of action.  If the draft was held today we would be the 16th pick, an area that should have plenty of talent.  If ARod's collarbone takes longer to heal (which is very likely) we could be looking at a 5-7 record heading into the Falcons game in Week 14 or zeroing in on a top 10 draft pick.  

My question for this illustrious panel of Forum members who make the draft their "side job" is "how does the talent this year look for the 2014 draft?  what positions are strong for the draft and what look weak?  Who would you like to see in a Packer uniform if we finish middle of the pack and have the 15th pick?  (Assume availability as well)  I know it's a tall task but a fun one guess.

This post will be based on BPA at the 15th pick (the other post will be on our strength and weaknesses we need to draft) who would be a great first pick.  Anybody available from Alabama or Michigan State's defenses?

OK draft gurus, go to work!!

Last edited by Ed Hochuli #85 on November 18th 2013, 13:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Number of posts : 5567

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyNovember 18th 2013, 09:31

CJ MOsely woudl be great but no way he is ther at 15, he is the best player on the bama D.

How does Nix at DT from Notre Dame grab you?

Maybe Trent Murphy from Stanford?

So much water under the bridge between now and then though.
Back to top Go down
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyNovember 18th 2013, 13:29

Why So Serious? wrote:
CJ MOsely woudl be great but no way he is ther at 15, he is the best player on the bama D.

How does Nix at DT from Notre Dame grab you?

Maybe Trent Murphy from Stanford?

So much water under the bridge between now and then though.
Nix would be a great idea since Pickett has to be at the tail end of his career physically. And of course, you can never have enough D linemen.

When you are in the playoff hunt, you start talking matchups and which seed. When the team is starting to lose, you talk draft pick. See, the NFL keeps everybody happy. Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyNovember 18th 2013, 13:32

Do I seem happy to you? Arrrrrrrrgh!
Back to top Go down
denvercheddarhead

denvercheddarhead

Number of posts : 1892

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyNovember 23rd 2013, 12:10

A couple of guys I've seen this season that I liked so much that I immediately started picturing them in Green 'n Gold-
HaHa Clinton-Dix (Lord knows the Pack are dying for good S)
Kyle Van Noy (Tweener, but damn that kid can play; kind of reminds me of Kiko Alonso who I so wanted the Pack to pick last year)
Jace Amaro (time to start from scratch at TE?)
Odell Beckham (I can feel lutzz's disapproving look even as I type his name)
So if I can't have Beckham, I'd take Jared Abbrederis in a heart beat.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyNovember 24th 2013, 08:43

Scorn? Way too early for that. LOL

How do you all feel about one Jordan Lynch?
Back to top Go down
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyNovember 24th 2013, 12:06

Why So Serious? wrote:
Scorn?  Way too early for that.  LOL

How do you all feel about one Jordan Lynch?

Being an alumni from PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? Niu_hu10 I would love to see him as a Packer. He's a hell of a competitor.

Back to top Go down
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyDecember 16th 2013, 10:51

denvercheddarhead wrote:
A couple of guys I've seen this season that I liked so much that I immediately started picturing them in Green 'n Gold-
Kyle Van Noy (Tweener, but damn that kid can play; kind of reminds me of Kiko Alonso who I so wanted the Pack to pick last year)
Jace Amaro (time to start from scratch at TE?)
Odell Beckham (I can feel lutzz's disapproving look even as I type his name)
So if I can't have Beckham, I'd take Jared Abbrederis in a heart beat.

Great name...does he play as well as his name? Saturdays are spent with Ed Jr. and Sundays are spent with the NFL, so I miss out on the college game. Is he tall, big, fast, hitter, ball-hawker or I hate to say, like a Seahawk safety? (Except in a Packer uniform for once)
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyDecember 31st 2013, 13:19

HA HA is great, easily the best S in the draft, not even close really.

I'm with you on Van Noy too, he is like Borland from UDub with more athleticism.

You nailed it with Kiko too, dude shoudl easily be DROY, everytime I saw the Bills, which was like 4 times he was all over the place.

What I wouldn't give for a Luke Kuechly.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Number of posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyFebruary 20th 2014, 02:38

Why So Serious? wrote:
HA HA is great, easily the best S in the draft, not even close really.

I'm with you on Van Noy too, he is like Borland from UDub with more athleticism.

You nailed it with Kiko too, dude shoudl easily be DROY, everytime I saw the Bills, which was like 4 times he was all over the place.  

What I wouldn't give for a Luke Kuechly.

I would take Pryor before Dix. I think Pryor is a bigger hitter and makes more big plays. I need to see Pryors shuttle and 3cone results before I am completely convinced. A lot of big straight line safeties like Taylor Mays have flopped in the NFL
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyFebruary 20th 2014, 10:06

Ya know what lutzz, the more I compare the two and i have, A LOT, I am agreeing with you on Pryor vs. Ha Ha. Like him mor enad more and I liked him a lot to begin with.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyFebruary 20th 2014, 10:38

I am also a Van Noy fan. I remember watching BYUs bowl game  last year to see Ansah but Van Noy was the one making big plays including an interception return for a TD. I could see him to GB in the 2nd.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? EmptyFebruary 21st 2014, 03:45

Why So Serious? wrote:
Ya know what lutzz, the more I compare the two and i have, A LOT, I am agreeing with you on Pryor vs. Ha Ha.  Like him mor enad more and I liked him a lot to begin with.

If they are going to take a DB in the first I would really prefer they take Gilbert and move Hyde to safety. Gilbert could be the return guy and outside CB in the dime this year and take over for Williams next year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?   PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get? Empty

Back to top Go down

PACKER DRAFT 2014 - Who can we get?
Page 1 of 1