wisconsin-sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wisconsin-sports

A forum for venting, chatting, discussing wisconsin sports and whatever else is on your mind

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Montee Ball

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Number of posts : 5567

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 10:21

Did you all see he worked out well including a 4.46 40?

Yeah, he said he was sick at the combine and that hurt his time.

Theodore also had some nice things to say to him after his workout. Are we looking at a possible trade up in the third round for Ball? I'd be all for it.
Back to top Go down
denvercheddarhead

denvercheddarhead

Number of posts : 1892

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 12:05

Love me some Montee (and anyone who has ever played for Bucky), but not inclined to see the Pack draft him. Just reminds me too much of a Brandon Jackson with a lot more wear on the tires.
Admittedly I am pretty awful at predicting NFL success for RB's, but I don't see any this year that I hope the Pack picks except maybe Knile Davis and that would be a very risky pick with his history.
And can't say I am hoping the Pack draft any other Badgers either, though I sure wouldn't mind seeing them sign Mike Taylor as a FA. Kid could be a special teams demon I think.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 13:01

The NFL is the place where RB's go to die anyway. I'm not worried about the tread on his tires as much as I am worried if he fits the GB scheme, nonetheless Theodore seems to lov the kid so that has to count for at least something. I'd be okay with him in the 3rd.

You not a fan of Frederick either?

Taylor might go in the 7th round due to his productivity at U Dub, he did not have a great combine and there are definite medical red flags.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Number of posts : 875

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 14:17

I think Ball goes by the end of the second. I like Eddie Lacy but I don't think TT would use his 1st on him. I think he is more likely to take a running back high if he trades down. and gets an extra 3rd.

I wouldn't touch Knile Davis for character reasons.

Stepfan Taylor had a horrible combine but I think he can play in the NFL. If he lasts until the 4th he would be very good value IMO.
Back to top Go down
denvercheddarhead

denvercheddarhead

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 14:34

I think Frederick will be decent based on smarts alone, Serious, but he is definitely limited athletically. Same with Wagner.
Re: Lacy I admit to being a bit biased because I'm hoping the Pack doesn't take a RB in the first couple of rounds, but I also think that I could have gained a few yards playing behind that O-Line that Bama had. Before being ripped to shreds, that is.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 16:08

denvercheddarhead wrote:
I think Frederick will be decent based on smarts alone, Serious, but he is definitely limited athletically. Same with Wagner.
Re: Lacy I admit to being a bit biased because I'm hoping the Pack doesn't take a RB in the first couple of rounds, but I also think that I could have gained a few yards playing behind that O-Line that Bama had. Before being ripped to shreds, that is.

That is a good point about the Alabama line, denver. Neither Ingram or Richardson have lit it up so far.
Back to top Go down
denvercheddarhead

denvercheddarhead

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 17:40

Sorry to stray from the Ball subject, but any thoughts here on Tank Carradine? Obviously don't know how his knee is doing, but if he's still around in the 2nd he'd be very tempting to me. Though Datone Jones may also be tempting in the 1st if he's available.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 7th 2013, 20:08

denvercheddarhead wrote:
Sorry to stray from the Ball subject, but any thoughts here on Tank Carradine? Obviously don't know how his knee is doing, but if he's still around in the 2nd he'd be very tempting to me. Though Datone Jones may also be tempting in the 1st if he's available.

Carradine is more a 4/3 DE IMO. He also has some character questions. I posted about Jones during Senior Bowl week. He was very impressive and seems to have a 3/4 DE build except for somewhat short arms for his size. He should be around when GB picks but someone could jump them like NE did for Chandler Jones last year. The problem with this draft from the Packer perspective is that though it is deep in the DL most of them are 4/3 guys. I think that is one of the reasons for their interest in Canty.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 07:54

I was thinking about Sam Montgomery when I wrote about Carradine. Carradine has a bigger frame and no character questions that I know of. 55th pick sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 08:12

lutzz wrote:
denvercheddarhead wrote:

Carradine is more a 4/3 DE IMO. He also has some character questions. I posted about Jones during Senior Bowl week. He was very impressive and seems to have a 3/4 DE build except for somewhat short arms for his size. He should be around when GB picks but someone could jump them like NE did for Chandler Jones last year. The problem with this draft from the Packer perspective is that though it is deep in the DL most of them are 4/3 guys. I think that is one of the reasons for their interest in Canty.

Agree on Tank as more of a 4-3 End than a 3-4 one and he definitely cannot play OLB in the 3-4. There are also too many Tweeners amonf the DL, guys that are not quite fitting for either mold. Canty would be an adequate addition for the right price and a signing like that would allow Theodore and his team to focus more on the other defieiencies on the OL, RB, LB and in the backfield.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 08:13

Speaking of RB's it seems theodore is quite enamored of Montee and in particular Christine Micheal from Texas A&M, what do you all think of him?
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Number of posts : 1614

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 09:59

Any thoughts on Jonathan Cyprien out of Florida International?

He had a strong showing at the Senior bowl. A small school player who seems to have played well against top flight competition during his college career. The guy is a hitter at safety and appears to have coverage skills.

Not the athlete Nick Collins was coming out of college, but he's got ability. Could be a steal in the middle of the second round.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 10:05

I really love physical safetys - therefore Eric Reid of LSU stands out to me. If your looking for a hitter who will immediately make the packers defense more physical, this guy is a great pick.

Unfortunately he can be a tad overaggressive at times. Reid is going to pick up where Charles Woodson left off on pass interference penalties.

Probably not a great pick in the second round, but boy is he a physical player.

Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 10:13

Donald Driver is retired and I'm thinking Greg Jennings is gone via free agency. Right now, the Packers can count on Nelson, Cobb and Jones as their top recievers. I'm not convinced that Nelson is a capable game in/game out #1 in the NFL. If the talent is there, why not add another player?

Robert Woods of USC stands out for me this year. Any reciever wishing to fit into the AR/McCarthy offense had better be able to run percise routes and Woods stands out in that area.

He's small at 6' and 190 pounds but is a tough guy going across the middle - Driver like tough. Woods also has the hands to make tough catches.

I just see this guy as a good fit in the Packers offense.
Back to top Go down
denvercheddarhead

denvercheddarhead

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 10:40

Agree with you guys on the apparent lack of decent 3-4 DE prospects this year. As much as I want to see the Pack draft a few they just don't seem to be there.
I've seen Michael mentioned to the Pack on more than one site. Can't say as I noticed him much when watching A&M, but that will happen when he's playing with a Heisman QB I guess. Then heard how he supposedly overslept several meetings at the combine.
Really hoping the Pack takes a S pretty high this year, Jack. Seems to be a good year for them, but I just can't decide who I'm hoping they'll pick at this point. Seems like Cyprien moves further up boards every week, though.
Agree on Woods...wouldn't mind seeing the Pack nab him in the least though I'm still hoping they don't take a WR until the 3rd or 4th Rd. thus my crush on Ryan Swope at this point.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 10:44

I'll have to read up on Swope Denver. In all honesty, I've been very lazy in my draft analysis this year. I was hoping the rest of you guys did all the work and I could kick back and simply read.

Unfortunately Lutzz figured out that game and quit posting.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 11:06

Jack Vainisi wrote:
Any thoughts on Jonathan Cyprien out of Florida International?

He had a strong showing at the Senior bowl. A small school player who seems to have played well against top flight competition during his college career. The guy is a hitter at safety and appears to have coverage skills.

Not the athlete Nick Collins was coming out of college, but he's got ability. Could be a steal in the middle of the second round.

Indeed I have, so much so that I have him going in the late first round so you might say I am on board with him.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 11:10

Jack Vainisi wrote:
Donald Driver is retired and I'm thinking Greg Jennings is gone via free agency. Right now, the Packers can count on Nelson, Cobb and Jones as their top recievers. I'm not convinced that Nelson is a capable game in/game out #1 in the NFL. If the talent is there, why not add another player?

Robert Woods of USC stands out for me this year. Any reciever wishing to fit into the AR/McCarthy offense had better be able to run percise routes and Woods stands out in that area.

He's small at 6' and 190 pounds but is a tough guy going across the middle - Driver like tough. Woods also has the hands to make tough catches.

Jack, have you been reading me? I am all over Woods, out of all of the receivers in the entire draft he is the single best fit for what the Packers line to do with their WR's. Unless I have it wrong he measured/weighed Jjust short of 6'1" and 201 so eh has plenty of size and he caught everythign in the drills with his HANDS, not the body.

Big Fan of his!
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 11:11

Jack Vainisi wrote:
I really love physical safetys - therefore Eric Reid of LSU stands out to me. If your looking for a hitter who will immediately make the packers defense more physical, this guy is a great pick.

Unfortunately he can be a tad overaggressive at times. Reid is going to pick up where Charles Woodson left off on pass interference penalties.

Probably not a great pick in the second round, but boy is he a physical player.

Be a perfect pick in the late second or if the Packers are so inclined to move up in the third. That is the value of this draft, not at the top,. but in the middl 2-4 or 5th rounds. ots of good solid football players.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 11:14

denvercheddarhead wrote:
Agree with you guys on the apparent lack of decent 3-4 DE prospects this year. As much as I want to see the Pack draft a few they just don't seem to be there.
I've seen Michael mentioned to the Pack on more than one site. Can't say as I noticed him much when watching A&M, but that will happen when he's playing with a Heisman QB I guess. Then heard how he supposedly overslept several meetings at the combine.
Really hoping the Pack takes a S pretty high this year, Jack. Seems to be a good year for them, but I just can't decide who I'm hoping they'll pick at this point. Seems like Cyprien moves further up boards every week, though.
Agree on Woods...wouldn't mind seeing the Pack nab him in the least though I'm still hoping they don't take a WR until the 3rd or 4th Rd. thus my crush on Ryan Swope at this point.

We all are narrowing our focus already aren't we?

Don't sleep on this McDOnald kid from Rice, I am telling you he is going to be terriffic in the NFL and is big enough to block and has great hands. He is probably my main "crush" this year coming out of the combine.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 11:16

Swope had a fantastric combine, probably the best one overall for WR's at leaqst ones that were not expected to show up so well.

A guy to keep an eye on if Justin Hunter from Tennessee, he didn't blow it up, but he does everything well, a definite second round pick if not late first. For reasons that escape me, he completely put produced and performed his teammate Patterson for the Vols, but Patterson is the one getting all of the attention. Give me the guy that prodices ahead of the guy who looks the part more, but didn;t produce nearly as much thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 17:42

Why So Serious? wrote:
Jack Vainisi wrote:

Jack, have you been reading me? I am all over Woods, out of all of the receivers in the entire draft he is the single best fit for what the Packers line to do with their WR's. Unless I have it wrong he measured/weighed Jjust short of 6'1" and 201 so eh has plenty of size and he caught everythign in the drills with his HANDS, not the body.

Big Fan of his!

How many different blogs are you working? I see you mentioned Woods in one of your posts in the mock draft.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 17:45

as many as I can.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 8th 2013, 17:49

Why So Serious? wrote:
Jack Vainisi wrote:

Big Fan of his!

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/woods_robert00.html

But the combine did measure him at 6' 201 pounds.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 9th 2013, 23:35

Jack Vainisi wrote:
I'll have to read up on Swope Denver. In all honesty, I've been very lazy in my draft analysis this year. I was hoping the rest of you guys did all the work and I could kick back and simply read.

Oh I'm on to you, Jack! In fact I am gathering evidence that you are the real "Old #4" Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 11th 2013, 11:48

lutzz wrote:
Jack Vainisi wrote:

Oh I'm on to you, Jack! In fact I am gathering evidence that you are the real "Old #4" Razz

It's tough to do. I'm on my fourth page of user names/passwords/personality charastics - only way to keep track of my tangled web of deciet.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 11th 2013, 11:55

If Thompson is looking to add picks in a deep draft, he might consider trading back 4 to 10 picks and making BARNETT JONES of Alabama his first selection.

Should be a capable center for the next ten years or so. Based on his college career, he should be able to slid into either guard spot or RT is injuries strike.

Not a sexy pick nor a tremendous need pick, but it's a safe pick on a player who should have a long and productive career.

In a deep draft, Thompson can start rolling the dice on risk picks in the middle rounds. This is an organization who was able to fill a major need in the secondary last season on a overlooked player in the third round. Coming off that move, they should be feeling good about striking gold later in the draft even with a weak starting position.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 11th 2013, 11:56

Jack Vainisi wrote:
lutzz wrote:
Jack Vainisi wrote:

It's tough to do. I'm on my fourth page of user names/passwords/personality charastics - only way to keep track of my tangled web of deciet.

Also might be time to bust out the spell checker again.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 11th 2013, 12:01

One red flag on MONTEE BALL is he carried the ball almost a 1000 times during his tenure with Wisconsin. Boy that's a lot of wear and tear on a RB.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 11th 2013, 12:06

I kinda like STEPHAN TAYLOR out of Stanford if he's still around in the bottom of the fourth round. Good reciever out of the backfield and while not a Brandon Jackson quality blocker, he should be ok picking up the blitz.

The guy is not going to burn a defense with long gains, but should be a good fit in the ZBS scheme.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 11th 2013, 12:08

LONNIE PRYOR of Fsu is the fifth looks like a great prospect in the fifth round as a RB/FB.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 11th 2013, 12:12

I would definately grab ERIC MARTIN (LB) of Nebraska in the bottom of the sixth round. Great team player who's one of the Special Teams standouts in this years draft.

Not sure his career as a LB is really going to pan out, but the Packers don't keep J Bush around (and pay him well) for his cover corner skills. Martin will be a good addition to a unit that's had some struggles in the past.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 11th 2013, 14:47

Jack Vainisi wrote:
I kinda like STEPHAN TAYLOR out of Stanford if he's still around in the bottom of the fourth round. Good reciever out of the backfield and while not a Brandon Jackson quality blocker, he should be ok picking up the blitz.

The guy is not going to burn a defense with long gains, but should be a good fit in the ZBS scheme.

I mentioned Taylor in the 4th above. I like the guy but he also has about 1,000 touches.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 11th 2013, 14:50

Jack Vainisi wrote:
If Thompson is looking to add picks in a deep draft, he might consider trading back 4 to 10 picks and making BARNETT JONES of Alabama his first selection.

Should be a capable center for the next ten years or so. Based on his college career, he should be able to slid into either guard spot or RT is injuries strike.

Not a sexy pick nor a tremendous need pick, but it's a safe pick on a player who should have a long and productive career.

In a deep draft, Thompson can start rolling the dice on risk picks in the middle rounds. This is an organization who was able to fill a major need in the secondary last season on a overlooked player in the third round. Coming off that move, they should be feeling good about striking gold later in the draft even with a weak starting position.

Barrett Jones is not a top prospect IMO. His upside is "capable". I doubt anyone takes him before the late 3rd.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 11th 2013, 14:57

Why So Serious? wrote:
Speaking of RB's it seems theodore is quite enamored of Montee and in particular Christine Micheal from Texas A&M, what do you all think of him?

I don't think anyone knows who TT is enamored of. He is very good at hiding his intentions. Under Wolf and Sherman, McGinn would usually have the correct Packer 1st round pick the day before the draft. Even Jon Michaels. After TT arrived he hasn't gotten 1 correct. There was an article last year which claimed that nobody on the staff knows where he is going in the 1st until draft day.

That said, I wouldn't touch Michael. Lot of talent but an uncoachable locker room cancer who has fumbled 13 times in his career of limited touches.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 08:28

lutzz wrote:
Jack Vainisi wrote:

Barrett Jones is not a top prospect IMO. His upside is "capable". I doubt anyone takes him before the late 3rd.

If he ends up going in the late 90's, I'm going to be very impressed with your draft acumen.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 08:45

Where do you see Ball going in the draft? I'd be surprised if he lasted past the 70th pick. To me, a RB picked in the top 75 should be able to carry the running load for a team - at least for 3 to 4 years. Ball is a guy I see breaking down in his second year due to his heavy college workload.

Taylor should be a part-time back for the Packers - sharing the load with Green. A part-time RB taken in the late 120's should be a value pick if he can provide quality play for 15 - 20 touches a game over a 3-4 year period.

Starks and Jackson made me reevaluate RB's. Overall the GBP hasen't gotten much production out of Starks. If you evaluate his workload over the last three years, not a lot of overall production. But he was a risk pick in the fifth round and his best play came during a Superbowl run.

Overall, I'd say he was a great pick.

Jackson turned out to be a third down back - great is the passing game and on the blitz pickup. The Packer offense had success with him in the lineup. But you want a 2nd round pick to carry the workload.

The team got more overall production from Jackson, but I don't think they got enough to justify the second round pick.

Which is why I see Taylor with 1000 touches as vaule in the bottom of the fourth, but I don't see Ball as value in the top 70 selections - if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 08:47

It's like saying Allen Barbre was a great pick in the 4th round. A risk pick, but a guy with a lot of potential. At the same time, handing a starting position with no backup was about the worst move Thompson/McCarthy made during there tenure.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 11:03

Jack Vainisi wrote:
Where do you see Ball going in the draft? I'd be surprised if he lasted past the 70th pick. To me, a RB picked in the top 75 should be able to carry the running load for a team - at least for 3 to 4 years. Ball is a guy I see breaking down in his second year due to his heavy college workload.

Taylor should be a part-time back for the Packers - sharing the load with Green. A part-time RB taken in the late 120's should be a value pick if he can provide quality play for 15 - 20 touches a game over a 3-4 year period.

Starks and Jackson made me reevaluate RB's. Overall the GBP hasen't gotten much production out of Starks. If you evaluate his workload over the last three years, not a lot of overall production. But he was a risk pick in the fifth round and his best play came during a Superbowl run.

Overall, I'd say he was a great pick.

Jackson turned out to be a third down back - great is the passing game and on the blitz pickup. The Packer offense had success with him in the lineup. But you want a 2nd round pick to carry the workload.

The team got more overall production from Jackson, but I don't think they got enough to justify the second round pick.

Which is why I see Taylor with 1000 touches as vaule in the bottom of the fourth, but I don't see Ball as value in the top 70 selections - if that makes sense.

I agree with all of the above though I wouldn't be totally surprised if Ball went late first.

I want to give Green a pass because he because he was coming off the knee injury but I fear he just doesn't have the instincts to play well at the NFL level.

Starks was a 6th round pick which makes him even a more worthwhile gamble. In most drafts from the mid 3rd on they are just throwing darts. As Wolf said about one of his low round successes "If I was that smart I would have taken him in the first"
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 14:52

Barrett Jones would be a fine pick, just not in the first, but sliding back into the 2nd and pickign up an extra 3rd in the process would be okay with me. The guy played C, G and T well in the SEC, as close to NFL competition as there is in college.

I'm definitely NOT a fan of Michael, hell I hate it when guys have girls names, but Ted has reportdely interviewed him more than once so there must be some interest there. Frankly I'd love Montee in Green and Gold.

As for Woods, well, he is, in my inexpert opinion, the perfect fit for the GB Offensive system and would be overjoyed to hear his name called by some NFL Exec from the draft platform on Day 2 of the draft. He is, again in my inexpert opinion, the most NFL ready WR in the entire draft.

Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 15:08

I like Woods or Patton in the 2nd if they go WR there.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 17:22

Why So Serious? wrote:
Barrett Jones would be a fine pick, just not in the first, but sliding back into the 2nd and pickign up an extra 3rd in the process would be okay with me. The guy played C, G and T well in the SEC, as close to NFL competition as there is in college.

I'm definitely NOT a fan of Michael, hell I hate it when guys have girls names, but Ted has reportdely interviewed him more than once so there must be some interest there. Frankly I'd love Montee in Green and Gold.

As for Woods, well, he is, in my inexpert opinion, the perfect fit for the GB Offensive system and would be overjoyed to hear his name called by some NFL Exec from the draft platform on Day 2 of the draft. He is, again in my inexpert opinion, the most NFL ready WR in the entire draft.

The more I read on Woods, the more I like him for the Packers. He could contribute from the first game.

Does anyone have an idea where Swope is going to go in the draft? I've seen him mentioned as a bottom of the third round guy to top of the 5th round. I know this sounds weird, but I think he'd have been a better fit for the Packers if he'd come out when Farve was the QB. AR's not that great throwing the slant pattern.
Back to top Go down
denvercheddarhead

denvercheddarhead

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 18:28

Jack, I first really noticed Swope when they played Bama last year. I think he was considered a decent mid-round prospect at the time. He had some drops Senior Bowl week and seemed to drop a little further. And then he had a great Combine.
I had him in my mind as a great Packer pick in the 4th Rd. Now I wouldn't be surprised if someone doesn't take him before the Pack even picks in the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 18:44

I feel the same way about Swope, denver. I was a little disappointed at the Senior Bowl but thought he would still make a good 4th receiver for GB . Even after the combine I wouldn't take before the 4th but someone may..

There are fewer and fewer combine drafters these days but there are enough. The more the merrier I say. It just pushes more real football players like Cobb and Finley to us.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 19:14

lutzz wrote:
I feel the same way about Swope, denver. I was a little disappointed at the Senior Bowl but thought he would still make a good 4th receiver for GB . Even after the combine I wouldn't take before the 4th but someone may..

There are fewer and fewer combine drafters these days but there are enough. The more the merrier I say. It just pushes more real football players like Cobb and Finley to us.

Well...I still think Neal jumped into the second round based on his combine. Granted, Thompson has taken more draft day risks on the DL then any other position, but based on his production at Purdue, I just don't see him as a second round pick.

But everyone has to drink the Kool-aid from time to time. Otherwise the draft would lose it's entertainment value.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 19:17

Neal?
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 19:19

Swope had a great combine though so who knows how much he helped himself there, I'd guess a third rounder if I were betting.

The thing about this draft is there are a lot of guys that could go in almost any spot in a 3 round range or so. Guys like Swope are just an example of what I mean.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 20:55

I liked Neal when he was coming out and wasn't surprised at the pick. He played very well at the Shrine game and had good movement skills. He had been erratic in college but seemed to want to be good. He didn't test differently than he looked on the field, IMO. Consistency and injuries were the issue and still are.

Last edited by lutzz on March 12th 2013, 20:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lutzz

lutzz

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 20:57

"The thing about this draft is there are a lot of guys that could go in almost any spot in a 3 round range or so. Guys like Swope are just an example of what I mean."

Exactly, WSS! It makes it a particularly interesting draft, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball EmptyMarch 12th 2013, 20:57

The team still seems to love him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Montee Ball Empty
PostSubject: Re: Montee Ball   Montee Ball Empty

Back to top Go down