wisconsin-sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wisconsin-sports

A forum for venting, chatting, discussing wisconsin sports and whatever else is on your mind

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

Number of posts : 1917

Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft Empty
PostSubject: Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft   Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft EmptyMarch 26th 2012, 17:18

Now that TT is armed with 12 picks which also includes a 7th for a trade from last year with the Jets, he can trade-up some of his non-comp picks for defensive talent. Packers compensatory picks are 37th and 38th in R4 (Nos. 132, 133 overall) and 34th and 36th in R7 (Nos. 241, 243 overall). In addition, it appears that TT is going after middle tier FA talent for upgrades and depth. As a few of you mentioned in prior posts, this draft could be awfully weak to address all the defensive wholes in the lineup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft   Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft EmptyMarch 26th 2012, 17:31

This draft isn't very strong in defensive talent and the Packers only FA pickup was Jeff Saturday. The Packers may be able to address their need for a stellar pass rusher but may have trouble finding good DB's. The coaching staff better address the team's poor tackling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft   Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft EmptyMarch 31st 2012, 10:47

Thompson should be able to move up in the draft with all the extra picks. It will be a good opportunity to get a stellar pass rusher as one may not be available to them if they stand pat.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Number of posts : 5567

PostSubject: Re: Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft   Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft EmptyApril 9th 2012, 07:52

On the contrary my friends, this draft, while not deep overall is deep at a few positions the Packers haev needs at, particularly rush LB and DE/DT types. Looking forward to this years draft as always.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft   Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft EmptyApril 9th 2012, 09:25

Why So Serious? wrote:
On the contrary my friends, this draft, while not deep overall is deep at a few positions the Packers haev needs at, particularly rush LB and DE/DT types. Looking forward to this years draft as always.

Maybe you are correct concerning these positions. I should have waited for the pro day workouts before I gave my opinion concerning pass rushing OLB's. It seems like many analysts are now admitting that there are many more good pass rushers available than they previously thought.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Number of posts : 5567

PostSubject: Re: Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft   Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft EmptyApril 9th 2012, 09:56

They are jsut not as smart as we here in The Forum are, but eventually they come around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft   Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft Empty

Back to top Go down

Packers gets 4 comp picks for upcoming draft
Page 1 of 1