wisconsin-sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wisconsin-sports

A forum for venting, chatting, discussing wisconsin sports and whatever else is on your mind

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

Number of posts : 5567

Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem! Empty
PostSubject: Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!   Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem! EmptyApril 26th 2013, 20:13

This is why Ted is so damned good at what he does. I and a lot of Packers Nation wanted him in the first round, so what does Ted do? he picks a need player at DE, trades back when Montee AND Eddie are still there, picks up an extra later pick, makes me sweat until 61 and BOOM the guy was still there and now is a Packer.

I could not be more pleased with how this y ears draft has gone thus far.
Back to top Go down
Jack Vainisi

Jack Vainisi

Number of posts : 1614

PostSubject: Re: Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!   Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem! EmptyApril 26th 2013, 21:14

Why So Serious? wrote:
This is why Ted is so damned good at what he does. I and a lot of Packers Nation wanted him in the first round, so what does Ted do? he picks a need player at DE, trades back when Montee AND Eddie are still there, picks up an extra later pick, makes me sweat until 61 and BOOM the guy was still there and now is a Packer.

As noted earlier, I have trouble mocking drafts. But did anyone see McDonald going in the later stages of the second round? The guy has talent, but I thought he'd be a late third round pick.

Interesting WSS...Basically Thompson gave up his shot to take McDondald to aquire Lacy. Short term, I'm thinking it's a much better pick at lesser value in the draft.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

PostSubject: Re: Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!   Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem! EmptyApril 26th 2013, 21:53

Absolutely. I saw Vance, who by the way shares his first name with WSS? Grandson #2 anywhere from late 2nd to 5th, but getting Lacy at that stage is an absolute freakin' coup!

Now we head in to day 3 with 2 4's, 3 5's, 2 6's and 3 7's, time for Theodore to work his magic or should I say more of it.
Back to top Go down
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

Number of posts : 1917

PostSubject: Re: Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!   Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem! EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 15:47

Why So Serious? wrote:
This is why Ted is so damned good at what he does.  I and a lot of Packers Nation wanted him in the first round, so what does Ted do?  he picks a need player at DE, trades back when Montee AND Eddie are still there, picks up an extra later pick, makes me sweat until 61 and BOOM the guy was still there and now is a Packer.  

What a godsend!! Lacy is truly looking like the hammer that the Packer offense has sorely lacked in recent years since Ahman Green for those short yardage 3rd and ones. I know that they were playing the Vikings last night but Lacy was pounding through the line with 5 to 7 yards runs up the middle with authority. Lacy is truly looking like a first round draft pick who fell to the bottom of the second round....what a steal! In addition to TT's nice coup, I'm also liking the change toward getting a more physical team to compete with the 49ers and Seabags.
Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

PostSubject: Re: Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!   Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem! EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 15:58

I too am LOVING the physical approach the team is taking with the run game. I don't mind the 3-4 yard carries because they are punishing and in the second half you can see teams just a little less willing to come up than the first half. This hits add up.

I wanted Eddie in the first, they passed. I wanted him in the second, the traded back and still got him. Ted KNOWS the draft.

Seems like Rodgers loves it too, he KNOWS how important it is to be able to lb da rock come late season and playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

PostSubject: Re: Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!   Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem! EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 16:19

Why So Serious? wrote:
I too am LOVING the physical approach the team is taking with the run game.  I don't mind the 3-4 yard carries because they are punishing and in the second half you can see teams just a little less willing to come up than the first half.  This hits add up.

I wanted Eddie in the first, they passed.  I wanted him in the second, the traded back and still got him.  Ted KNOWS the draft.

Seems like Rodgers loves it too, he KNOWS how important it is to be able to lb da rock come late season and playoffs.

Pounding the rock is huge.....last night's time of possession (against the Vikes of course) was almost a 2 to 1 ratio. Long 8 minute drives mixing a good ground game along with ARod's passing game was enjoyable to watch last night. The Packers truly needed a balanced offense to keep the opposing defenses honest and ARod from being sacked when they were one dimensional with the pass in previous years.

Ironically, watching the Broncos a few weeks ago against Indy didn't it look like the Packers of 2011 when they were all pass and very little run? It seemed like the Colts tried roughing up the receivers to slow down the Broncos passing game.

I'm getting excited about this years team (outside of the injuries) being a better playoff team when the weather turns to shit and you need a good ground game when it comes playoff time. OK, Ed's caddy season is over....time to resuscitate this board with some good Packer talk!!

Back to top Go down
TheSportsDawg

TheSportsDawg

PostSubject: Re: Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!   Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem! EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 16:23

was MORE than a 2 to 1 ratio actually, 40+ to 19+, and yes I do LOVE that so much, so very much.

LEt's do this Ed, I have been very neglectful and feel awful about it.
Back to top Go down
Ed Hochuli #85

Ed Hochuli #85

PostSubject: Re: Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!   Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem! EmptyOctober 28th 2013, 16:56

Why So Serious? wrote:
was MORE than a 2 to 1 ratio actually, 40+ to 19+, and yes I do LOVE that so much, so very much.

LEt's do this Ed, I have been very neglectful and feel awful about it.

Myself as well. Caddy season was very busy this year but it ends on Halloween. I can finally get back to one of my favorite websites. We also need to get Denver, lutzz, Socal, jack V., etc. and all of our other posters who enjoy a good packer conversation. I'm sure I left a few names out (sorry) but I'll be more than happy to apologize when everyone comes back! Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!   Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem! Empty

Back to top Go down

Got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
wisconsin-sports :: Green Bay Packers :: Packers/NFL Draft Talk-
Jump to: