wisconsin-sports

A forum for venting, chatting, discussing wisconsin sports and whatever else is on your mind

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Share | 

Ha Ha, Davante, Khyri and Richard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Why So Serious?

Number of posts : 5434

PostSubject: Ha Ha, Davante, Khyri and Richard   May 10th 2014, 9:56 am

That's what we have so far, so what do you think?

Obviously I love the Ha ha pick, could not believe he was still there. I had him, Pryor or Mosely and KNEW one of them would be there for the Packers with Ha Ha being the least likely to be there and when he was the only one left it simply had to be him. While not the physical presence Pryor is he is a sure tackler and makes a lot of plays. Very happy about the pick.

Now Davante, and while WR was a need, not sure he was a need there, but have no issues with the pick. A WR with nice size, good hands and supremely productive. He is coming into a perfect situation, he won't be expected to be *ahem* the man, can learn how to be a pro from guys like Cobb and Jordy. Very pleased with the pick.

Khyri is an interesting player, has the physical attributes, but I have serious questions about his smarts. He had trouble getting into college due to grades bounced around a but finally got into a bad program and by all accounts played his ass off there which isn't easy to do when you are getting the hell kicked out of you every week. The little bit of film I saw of him he looks like a high motor guy, actually a lot like Mike Daniels but bigger at 6'2" 300+ pounds. He also played inside and out which add versatility, probably primarily a DE in a 3-4 but a definite tackle in any of the sub packages. Wish he was taller though if he is playing DE in the 3-4 package. I definitely do not hate the pick, but do feel it was a round or so early.

Now Richard Rodgers is a pick I do not understand, the position of TE was a definite need, but why this guy at that point? I had him around 11-12 on my TE list and a likely 5th rounder. He runs sloppy routes, has okay hands, isn't particularly large, isn't particularly fast, isn't particularly a stand out in any way really. In my opinion there was no TE really worth drafting right there, but I did have a fee guys ahead of him if you were going to pick a TE there, Arthur Lynch from Georgia particularly. I will trust ted on the pick, but not the value of it.

So who we got today boys?

I'd like to see Tyler Larsen out of the gate or Bryan Stork since we need a center. Unless I missed it there is a nice sized CB from Utah out there, Keith McGill who stands 6'3" goes 210 and runs well and Pierre Desir from right here in Lindenwood, an athletic guy who is a raw project, but has all the measureables. We also need someone in the middle and there are a couple of nice thumpers there that I am high on and have been through the process Max Bullough and Shane Skov. I know someone here, perhaps lutzz, was very high on Ed Reynolds at S and I like Deion Bailey there too, both are still out there. Also, you can never have too many guys n the OL as we have seen and I like a couple of Big 12 guys Luke Lucas and Darryl Williams. I have also been on Daniel McCullers from Tennessee, a man mountain at 6' 7" 350 who is still there and would be a great replacement for Pick as could DaQuan Jones from Penn State at 6'4" 325.

We will see what happens and I cannot wait to see what Ted Does today.
Back to top Go down
lutzz

Number of posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha, Davante, Khyri and Richard   May 10th 2014, 11:39 am

Nice analysis WSS. Rogers is a better athlete than you think. I think the gaining and losing weight really hurt him.

McGill is a bad dude so I don't think TT will take him. I am not high on Reynolds.

I think they need to get someone to return kicks.

Back to top Go down
denvercheddarhead

Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha, Davante, Khyri and Richard   May 10th 2014, 3:03 pm

I am the Reynolds guy, Serious.  Still wouldn't mind seeing the Pack get him even with Ha Ha.  Quite happy with the first 2 picks; not so with the next two.  We'll see, though.
Bradford pick was interesting...really like him as a player, but not sure were he plays for the Pack.
Back to top Go down
denvercheddarhead

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha, Davante, Khyri and Richard   May 10th 2014, 3:11 pm

Well, so much for Reynolds.
Next on my wish list that won't happen...Abbrederis.
Back to top Go down
denvercheddarhead

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha, Davante, Khyri and Richard   May 10th 2014, 3:48 pm

Did happen!
 salud to me.
Back to top Go down
Why So Serious?

Number of posts : 5434

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha, Davante, Khyri and Richard   May 15th 2014, 9:10 am

Interesting draft overall. SOme surprises as always, but Ted does me like that at least once every year, I can live with it. He is at least right as often as wrong.

The more I read and see of Thornton and Bradford the more I like the picks. Love that Ted finally picked a Badger and imo Abrederris is the best route runner in the draft with some of the best hands as well and he can help in the return game.

My bad Denver.lutzz, I knew someone was high on Reynolds just couldn't remember who to give credit too. I am amazed that Dion Bailey went undrafted. AMAZED!

All in all, I am pleased, anothe rsolid workmanlike draft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha, Davante, Khyri and Richard   

Back to top Go down

Ha Ha, Davante, Khyri and Richard
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
wisconsin-sports :: Green Bay Packers :: Packer Draft Talk-
Jump to: